Southampton’s Armistice Day Art
This weekend marks the 100th Anniversary of the end of WW1. In commemoration of the heroic soldiers who fought for our country, many beautiful public art displays have appeared all across the Southampton region.
Southampton City Council have sponsored a number of ‘Silent Silhouettes‘ which can be found all across Southampton.
Locations of where these will be placed:
- The Cenotaph / Tommy
- Bargate Ward – South side of The Bargate Monument / Tommy
- Bassett Ward – By War Memorial on Bassett Avenue / Tommy
- Bevois Ward – Rockstone Place Park / Commonwealth – Bitterne Ward
- St Christopher’s Church, Pepys Avenue, Thornhill / Tommy
- Coxford Ward – Lordshill Library / Tommy
- Freemantle Ward – Shirley Road, near St Marks CE Primary School / Tommy
- Harefield Ward – Bitterne Library / RAF – Millbrook Ward – Blighmont Army Reserve Centre / Tommy
- Peartree Ward – By benches on top of the hill on Bitterne Road / RAF
- Portswood Ward – Portswood Recreational Ground / Suffragette
- Redbridge Ward – Romsey Road, junction with Wimpson Lane and Rownhams Road / Suffragette
- Shirley Ward – Southampton Old Cemetery, by Titanic Bench, near The Cross of Sacrifice / Suffragette
- Sholing Ward – Sholing Green, Off Kathleen Road / Tommy
- Swaythling Ward – Daisy Dip entrance, Bluebell Road / Suffragette
- Woolston Ward – Millennium Gardens, Bridge Road / RAF
Other Examples from around the area
Have we missed any that are worth a mention? Drop us a message and let us know if we have!